A Bobbie Kalman Book
Visually engaging, non-fiction books created by award-winning author Bobbie Kalman feature science for grades 1-4 and social studies for grades 4-6
Created in collaboration with literacy consultants and educators, My World is designed to help children become enthusiastic and motivated readers. Sixty-four content-rich books are divided into eight different guided reading levels that allow children to move from level to level as their skills progress.
Key features of My World Reading Program:
- Supports Standards in English Language Arts: Reading Informational Text and Foundational Skills.
- Free Downloadable Teacher’s Guide, includes comprehensive lesson plans, assessment tools, and reproducibles for additional instructional support.
- Picture dictionaries (Levels A to F) and picture glossaries (Levels G and H) promote content-area vocabulary development.
- Notes for Educators and Parents provide activity suggestions to extend learning and reinforce comprehension.
- Select titles are available in Spanish and Bilingual editions to support English Language Learners.
- Available formats include Ebook, audio CD, and print.
Our 'Close-Up' series are designed to inspire and engage young readers by combining inquiry-based activities, literacy and critical thinking skills. Books included in the 'Close-Up' imprint take a thorough and comprehensive approach to fundamental science concepts.
Each title is structured to help readers activate prior knowledge and make meaningful, real world connections to the material. Accessible text, detailed images and vibrant design capture the reader's interest and provide a close-up look at the science in our world.
- General academic and domain specific vocabulary clearly defined and used repeatedly to support comprehension
- Text-dependent questions encourage close reading and critical thinking
- Diagrams, charts and other visual elements support text to convey information and illustrate concepts
Look, Listen, & Learn Audio Books
Read along narrations on CD of Crabtree science titles for Grades 2-4, ESL, ELL, and students with special needs.
Children will love to listen to and read along with books on their favorite animals and insects. Each narrated audio edition runs approximately 30 minutes in length and entertains children with sound effects and interactive questions. Children will love looking at the amazing photographs while listening to the correct pronunciation of each plant or animal. Great for building reading skills and ESL!
- Each CD approximately 30 minutes in length
- Each CD is a narration of the printed book
- Interactive questions help test comprehension
- Entertaining sound effects help guide the reader
- Glossary and index
Crabtree en français
French editions of science and high-interest subjects for grades 2-4
Crabtree en español
Spanish editions of science and high-interest subjects for grades 2-4