Drought and Heat Wave Alert!
From the Series Disaster Alert!
Long periods of sweltering weather can scorch crops, cause widespread famine, and kill animals and people. Governments around the world are continuously developing plans to conserve electricity and water in the event of a drought or heat wave. The full-color illustrations and photographs of Drought and Heat Wave Alert! will have children thirsting for more!
• techniques to stay safe during times of extreme heat and drought
• step-by-step explanation of how long periods of hot weather and droughts occur
• famous heat waves and droughts throughout the world, and the damage that they caused
• how ancient peoples predicted droughts, and the equipment that meteorologists use to forecast these natural disasters today
• the ways that countries recover from droughts, and the harmful effects of droughts and heat waves on our environment
|Interest Level||Grade 5 - Grade 8|
|Reading Level||Grade 5|
|ATOS Reading Level||7.5|
|Guided Reading Level||Q|
|Subjects||Earth and Space Science, Environmental Science|